Managing your international finances
HSBC Expat offers you the freedom to make the most of living outside the UK and also moving there. Whether you're about to move, have done so already or have financial interests offshore, we'll help you manage your money and plan for your future.
Benefits of an HSBC Expat Bank Account
- 24/7 support anywhere in the world through mobile, online and phone banking
- Choose to open extra savings accounts in up to 19 currencies
- All the benefits of the HSBC Premier service, including a Premier Relationship Manager
- Complimentary travel security services from WorldAware®
- Current accounts available in sterling, US dollars and euros
- Manage foreign currencies with your HSBC Expat FX App
How to apply
Find out how to apply for an HSBC Expat Bank Account today.
To join HSBC Expat, you must be 18 years or over and meet one of these criteria:
- hold a minimum of £50,000 (or currency equivalent) with us
- have a sole salary of £100,000 (or currency equivalent)
- have already qualified for HSBC Premier in another country or region
You’re only a few clicks away from joining us online. Begin your application on our HSBC Expat site.
HSBC Expat is a division of HSBC Bank plc, Jersey Branch: HSBC House, Esplanade, St. Helier, Jersey, JE1 1HS. HSBC Bank plc, Jersey Branch is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission for Banking, General Insurance Mediation, Investment and Fund Services Business. HSBC Bank plc is registered and incorporated in England and Wales with limited liability, number 14259. Registered office: 8 Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ.
Deposits and investments made with non-UK members of the group do not benefit from the protection provided under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, including the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
Your Expat Bank Account will be held in Jersey, Channel Islands, a secure offshore jurisdiction and one of the world's leading and best-regulated international finance centres as recognised by the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
More international services
Whether you’re planning to move, study, work or retire abroad, we’re here to help you get ready for a new adventure. If you aren't eligible for an HSBC Expat Bank Account, learn about our other international services.