Managing your international finances
The HSBC Expat Bank Account is an international current account that makes it easier for you to manage your money while you're living or working abroad.
HSBC Expat account is provided by HSBC Bank plc, Jersey Branch.
HSBC Expat Bank Account feature:
- Service and support wherever life takes youIf you move to another country, your HSBC Expat Bank Account will stay in the same place and you'll continue to receive advice and support from our expat banking specialists.
- Foreign exchange serviceYou can use our foreign exchange service to help you manage your money across different currencies. We also have a team of Foreign Exchange Specialists at hand to help.
- Available in sterling, US dollars and euroWith choice of currencies, you can manage your financial commitments in more than one country, from paying bills in the UK to travelling around the world.
- Link your HSBC accounts onlineUsing Global View, you can link your HSBC Expat Bank Account to your other eligible HSBC accounts around the world and make fast transfers between them.
- 24-hour internet and telephone bankingInternet banking service gives you instant access to your finances, or you can talk to a telephone banking adviser available 24/7.
- A choice of debit, credit and charge cardsWe offer cards from Visa, American Express and MasterCard®. Our range of cards is available in sterling, US dollars and euro.
Deposits and investments made with non UK members of the group do not benefit from the protection provided under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, including the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
HSBC Bank plc, Jersey branch is a participant in the Jersey Bank Depositors Compensation Scheme. The Scheme offers protection for eligible deposits of up to £50,000. The maximum total amount of compensation is capped at £100,000,000 in any 5 year period. Full details of the scheme and banking groups covered are available on the states of Jersey website or on request.
Our telephone, online and mobile banking services are open 24 hours a day subject to scheduled maintenance periods. During busy periods calls may be transferred outside the UK. Textphone is not available in the Channel Islands and Isle of Man. To help us continually improve our service, and in the interests of security, we may monitor and/or record your calls with us
HSBC Expat Bank Account
Find out how to apply for a HSBC Expat Bank Account today
How to apply for a HSBC Expat Bank Account
Are you eligible?Expanded press enter to collapse Collapsed press enter to expand
To be eligible for HSBC Expat you need to hold a minimum amount of £50,000 or currency equivalent in deposits and/or investments with HSBC Expat, or have a sole salary of GBP 100,000 (or currency equivalent).
The minimum opening balance for an HSBC Expat Bank Account is: £5,000, $10,000 or €10,000 – and this counts towards your total balance.
If you are already an HSBC Premier customer, then you are not required to maintain a minimum balance.
The services and products provided may vary depending upon the country you are moving to.
- calling the International Banking Centre on 0345 607 6706, or +44 20 7991 7414* from abroad
- speaking to your Premier Relationship Manager
- visiting your local branch
*Lines are open 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
If you have completed the online enquiry form you will receive a call within 24 hours to discuss your needs. The International Banking Centre will guide you through the necessary application form and checklist of what documents you need to bring to your local branch.
HSBC Expat is a division of HSBC Bank plc, Jersey Branch: HSBC House, Esplanade, St. Helier, Jersey, JE1 1HS. HSBC Bank plc, Jersey Branch is regulated by the Jersey Financial Services Commission for Banking, General Insurance Mediation, Investment and Fund Services Business. HSBC Bank plc is registered and incorporated in England and Wales with limited liability, number 14259. Registered office 8 Canada Square, London, E14 5HQ.
Starting a new journey
Whether you’re planning to move, study, work or retire abroad. We’re here to help you get ready for a new adventure.