Get personalised protection advice over the phone
If you’d like to talk to us about ways to protect what’s important to you, you can just pick up the phone.
What are the most important things in life? Many people would place family at the top of the list. We all know we need a financial plan to protect those we love. But how much cover is enough? And which policy to choose?
To help you decide, you can talk to one of our financial advisers. They’ll spend time getting to know your situation. Then they'll recommend a competitive policy that's right for you - from our hand-picked list of providers.
Are you eligible?
You can access investment advice by phone if you’re:
- an HSBC current or savings account customer (excludes Basic Bank Account)
- a UK resident
- at least 18 years old
Flexible protection advice that fits around you
Tailored to your needs
- Find out what’s the right level of protection for your family’s needs
- Discover which of our carefully selected policies suits you best
- Call us today for a no-strings chat – we’ll explain everything upfront so you know what to expect
From the comfort of your own home
- Personalised advice given over the phone – no need to leave the house
- Option to use screen-sharing technology so you can see everything online during the call
- You can even sign the relevant forms online
What type of protection are you looking for?
Our specialist advisers can provide personalised recommendations on 3 different types of cover:
- Life cover provides a lump sum or monthly income for your family if you were to die or become terminally ill
- Critical illness cover provides a lump sum for you if you were to be diagnosed with one of up to 50 major critical illness conditions and surgical procedures. This may also be combined with a life cover policy (known as ’Accelerated Critical Illness Cover’)
- Income cover provides monthly income for you if you were to become unable to work due to sickness or injury
Naturally, some terms, conditions and exclusions will apply. Please ask your adviser for more details.
Which protection policies do we recommend?
The plans we recommend are sourced from a carefully-selected panel of providers, which includes HSBC. This means we can advise you on a much wider range of policies than those that are available to buy directly from our website.
Your adviser will discuss with you the types of policies we can recommend before you begin.
How does it work?
Our qualified advisers make personalised recommendations over the phone. Using screen-sharing technology, they can also show you information via your computer if you want them to.
We typically provide protection advice over a series of 3 phone calls – although this can be adapted to suit you.
- Your initial call
The first call will be a friendly, no-strings chat – we’ll simply ask you a few questions to understand if you might benefit from our protection advice. We’ll also outline the process and answer any questions you may have.
- Your protection review
Next, we'll arrange a follow-up call with a qualified financial adviser who will explore your protection needs in more detail. If your partner would like to attend, we can discuss their needs at the same time if you wish. It’s not a hard sell, it’s about helping you to put a plan in place.
With the option to share information from their screen to yours, they’ll ask about your finances and your dependents. They’ll also explore the various commitments you’d need to cover if something were to happen.
- Our recommendations
If you’re happy to proceed, your adviser will then prepare your personalised report and arrange a final call to talk you through the level of protection they recommend and why.
What does it cost?
You won’t pay a penny for receiving our protection advice – and you’re under no obligation to follow our recommendations.
If you decide to take out the recommended policy, you’ll pay for the cost of the policy and we’ll receive a commission from the protection provider. You’ll find details about this in the policy’s key features document.
Want to know more?
What other advice options are available?
You might like
The real benefits of financial advice
Accessible and affordable – how advice could pay for itself